OFFICIAL RULES FOR DOVE® BRAND BLOGGER GIVEAWAY
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AGE 21 OR OLDER AND HAVE INTERNET ACCESS. GIVEAWAY begins at 12:00:00 pM (ET) on SEPTEMBER 29, 2008 AND ends at 11:59:59 aM (ET) on OCTOBER 6, 2008 (“ENTRY PERIOD”).
1. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Giveaway, send an e-mail, including your first name and last name, e-mail address and date of birth, with “Dove Pure Chocolate” typed in the subject line, to: email@example.com Limit: one (1) entry per person. Multiple entries submitted by a single person are void and will not be accepted. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED DURING THE ENTRY PERIOD. No illegible, incomplete, forged or altered entries will be accepted. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
2. WINNERS: The first twenty (20) eligible entrants whose e-mail messages are received at as determined by a representative of Chocolate Snob (www.chocolate-snob.com) whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Giveaway, will win a Prize as described in Rule 3 below. Winners will be notified by e-mail using the e-mail address provided in the entry e-mail described in Rule 1.
3. PRIZES AND ODDS: Twenty (20) Prizes: A DOVE®-branded satin pouch containing an assortment of DOVE® Brand chocolates. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Prize: $40. Total ARV of all Prizes: $800. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. All Prizes will be awarded (assuming sufficient number of eligible entries). Limit: one Prize per person. Sponsor reserves right to substitute Prizes of equal or greater value. No other substitution or transfer of Prizes permitted. Sponsor responsible only for Prize delivery; not responsible for Prize utility, quality or otherwise. Taxes and fees, if any, are the sole responsibility of winners.
4. ELIGIBILITY: Giveaway open to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia, age 21 or older as of September 29, 2008, except employees (and their immediate families and members of the same household) of Mars Snackfood US, LLC, Chocolate Snob (www.chocolate-snob.com) and their respective affiliates, agents and advertising and promotion agencies.
5. VERIFICATION OF WINNERS AND DELIVERY OF PRIZES: Prize may be awarded to alternate winner if Prize notification e-mail or Prize is undeliverable. Winners agree to use of name, address, likeness and/or Prize information for promotional purposes in any medium without additional compensation to the extent permitted by law.
6. GENERAL: This Giveaway is void outside the United States and where prohibited or restricted by law and subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. This Giveaway will be governed by the internal laws of the State of Delaware. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Giveaway must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction within the United States of America. Sponsor not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, incomplete, misaddressed, postage due or misdirected entries, mail or communications, for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices or transmission lines or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise. Further, Sponsor not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant's e-mail account to receive e-mail messages. The use of automated software or computer programs to register or to enter the Giveaway is prohibited and any individual who uses or attempts to use such methods to register or to enter will be disqualified. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, this Giveaway, and reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Giveaway should any virus, bug, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Giveaway. In the event of any such cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice will be posted and a random drawing will be held from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such time. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant (and all of his/her entries) from this Giveaway or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsor or any of its affiliates if he/she tampers with the entry process or if his/her fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of the Giveaway. Sponsors reserve the right to correct clerical or typographical errors in promotional materials. By participating in this Giveaway, each entrant accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor and warrants that he/she is eligible to participate in this Giveaway. By accepting Prize, winner agrees to release Sponsor and its directors, employees, officers, and agents, including without limitation, its advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of Prize or participation in any Prize-related activity.
7. WINNERS LIST: A list of winners will be posted at Chocolate Snob (www.chocolate-snob.com) after October 7, 2008.
8. SPONSOR: Mars Snackfood US, LLC, 800 High Street, Hackettstown, NJ 07840
© Mars, Incorporated 2008
All trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Friday, September 29, 2006
OFFICIAL RULES FOR DOVE® BRAND BLOGGER GIVEAWAY
Sunday, April 9, 2006
I, Rachel Rifat, retain all copyrights to photos, original artwork, and material posted on all my blogs and my websites. If you would like to use any of the information posted, please ask permission in an email for approval... I am pretty nice about it.
Tuesday, February 14, 2006
1. what company was the first to offer a valentine's day chocolate box?
2. like water for chocolate was a 1992 film that told of early 20th century life in what country?
3. what floppy-eared dog puppet used to tell tv audiences that "nestle makes the very best chawk-lit"?
4. who wrote the classic young adult novel titled the chocolate war?
c (robert cormier)
5. what song, originally a british hit for the group hot chocolate, became the only #1 american single for the band known as stories?
c (brother louie)
i hope you scored 100%
love and kisses!
Sunday, February 12, 2006
Rachel Rifat is devoted to luxury and gratification of the senses. Her food industry experience began in 1991 as a director for Carlsberg Brewing China. In 1997, she started a pet food company. In 1999, she was awarded the title, Los Angeles Business Woman of the Year and was written about in The Wall Street Journal, People Magazine, Entrepreneur Magazine, and The Los Angeles Times.
Currently, Rachel's time is spent discovering the world's most fabulous chocolates. With her Chocolate Snob Blog, she is able to reveal her irreverent mantra that “life is too short for bad chocolate." The honest, direct, and spirited blog has created passionate and adventurous gastronomes spanning the globe.
Rachel conducts chocolate tasting classes, instructs at the Epicurean School of Culinary Arts, consults chocolatiers, and is a freelance writer and graphic artist. She also owns a wood-fired pizza catering business (a Zagat writer stated "Rachel's pizza is revolutionary"). Her book, Who Took All the Paperclips? was recently published by Running Press. She speaks French, Chinese, and Spanish.
Rachel lives in Hollywood with her husband Michael and their two retired greyhounds Stanley and Gracie.
to schedule chocolate tasting classes:
email rachelrifat at yahoo dot com
to have your product reviewed:
Please send your press kits and product samples to:
P.O. Box 70
Hollywood, CA 90078
*Our reviews are honest, direct, and sometimes humorous. We do not like to hurt any feelings but we insist on maintaining our integrity by keeping our reviews unbiased, impartial, and informative.
to place a banner ad:
We will only place ads that meet chocolate snobs standards.* contact rachelrifat at yahoo dot com